Wasting time (six reasons why you should)
It’s hard to waste time these days.
I’m not talking “being busy doing work that’s actually, when you think about it, a waste of time” … that’s WAY too easy (and part of what you have to say ‘No’ to so you can say ‘Yes’ to Great Work).
I’m talking about doing things for the joy of it, just because it’s fun and creative and playful. Or just because you want to.
1. It’s indulgent, a small luxury
2. It increases your capacity to problem-solve and be creative
3. It’s not a should/must/have to
4. It makes you smile, makes you happy.
5. It’s practice saying Yes to something for you
Here are two perfect examples of moments that are fun, joyful and pointless.
Via Swiss Miss, Extreme sheep art by the Baa-Studs
Via Kevin Kelly, YouTube mash-up videos by Kutiman