Russell Bishop, Workarounds That Work
You already know that I’m a fan of David Allen’s work. So do you ever wonder what started him along the road to GTD?
Let me introduce you to Russell Bishop. David and Russell were business partners for a number of years and in the introduction to Russell’s new book, David makes it quite clear what an important mentor he was.
Workarounds That Work: How to Conquer Anything That Stands in Your Way at Work tackles one of my favourite topics: how to get stuff done in a system that doesn’t cooperate. And let’s face it, many of our experiences in corporate life – meetings, emails, decision making to name a few – are… less than optimal.
Workarounds That Work is out this week, and I was lucky to see a preview of it.
In this interview Russell and I talk about:
- Why how you frame the problem is part of the problem, and its connection to your confirmation bias
- A powerful time and place to ask, “Is this still valuable?”
- Why priorities are overrated
- The difference between deciding and choosing
- And one question that will get you moving ahead no mater what.