Jack Covert and Todd Sattersten, 800-CEO-Reads
Today is my first ever pair interview, with the two powerhouses behind the Milwaukee-based business book retailer, 800-CEO-READ.
Jack Covert is the president and founder, and Todd Sattersten is the vice president, and these two guys read more business books in a year than most of us will read in a lifetime. In Todd’s words, they sell business books and promote great ideas, and they do it with a knock-your-socks-off level of customer service. On top of that, they’ve also released their own book, The 100 Best Business Books of All Time.
In this interview, Jack, Todd and I talk about:
- A big aha! moment: realizing that when they do things that are truly helpful to other people, the company becomes more successful
- How 800-CEO-READ manages to compete against big players like Barnes & Noble and Amazon
- How “outrageous” customer service always pays off, regardless of cost
- The importance of picking up the phone by the 2nd ring
- The 5 major themes that Jack and Todd found throughout the 100 Best Business Books of All Time