Find Your Great Work in 2012 (the three questions that matter)
There are plenty of ways to plan and prepare for the year ahead.
- You could follow Chris Brogan’s “three theme words” approach.
- You could devote a week to reflection and imagination, like Chris Guillebeau.
- You should sign up for a most excellent four-Fridays-in-January Get Your Great Work Groove On: Kickstart 2012 teleseminar series (starting on Friday, btw)
But it all comes down to these three questions
For each of the questions below
- Give yourself a score of 1 to 7, 7 being high
- Whatever score you’ve given yourself, describe what that looks like in terms of 2 or 3 ways you’d behave that would reflect that score
1. How engaged and active do you plan to be?
2. How much risk are you prepared to take?
3. How much do you care about the experience of others?
(And by the by, it can be awesome to ask these questions of yourself at the start of each working day.)