The Last Feedback Workshop You’ll Ever Need™
We all know the theory of giving feedback…
You know what good feedback should look and sound like – in theory.
But in practice, managers and leaders often find themselves doing some (or all) of these:
- Fretting about the conversation for days or even weeks
- Pussy-footing around the real topic hoping the employee will get the hint
- Breaking things when you’re trying to make them better
- Skipping the whole thing altogether thinking it will all just go away
The way managers give feedback can impact employee performance and productivity either positively or negatively, depending on how well – or badly – the conversation goes. What if having those tough conversations was just a whole lot less… tough?
So why do we resist the tough conversations?
Clearly, just knowing that employee feedback should be timely and useful isn’t enough to make it happen. So what’s stopping managers and leaders helping people get better at what they do so they can do the right things more effectively?
The latest brain science has something to say on the matter. On a number levels, the very act of feedback – both giving and receiving – sets off deep alarm bells. You could even argue that we are neurologically wired to avoid the whole feedback conversation.
Reimagining the whole feedback process
The Last Feedback Workshop You’ll Ever Need tackles feedback from a new angle, starting with understanding the deep resistance we have to feedback and then exploring ways to overcome and lessen that resistance.
- The latest findings in neuroscience – how our brains work and what that tells us about the art of management – and how understanding the deep drivers of our brain helps generate new approaches to engaging the people around us
- Two simple, flexible and powerful feedback models, to help people turn the theory of feedback into regular practice.
Imagine your organization where managers and leaders don’t avoid the tough conversations but actually learn how to give empathetic employee feedback on a day-to-day basis in a way that’s less fraught and more useful for all concerned. If that sounds like something worthwhile, then this Last Feedback Workshop You’ll Every Need program may be for you.
If you’re looking for a feedback workshop and program that really works, complete the inquiry form to the left or use our contact page to reach us. We’ll be in touch within 24 hours.